The 1996 Noel Mid-Term Elections were the eigth ever elections held in Noel. The elections showed a small gain for the Liberal Coalition of Noel and the Now Coalition. These were the last elections for the Communist Alliance of Noel.
Election results Edit
|Party logo||Party name||Seats in Parliment||Percentage of Votes|
|Liberal Coalition of Noel||26||54%|
|Anarchy Party of Noel||1||3%|
|Capitalism Party of Noel||0||2%|
|Communist Alliance of Noel||0||1%|
What happened in the next two years? Edit
- The Communist Alliance of Noel disbandes and formally supports the Socialist Party of Noel.
- The Fair Housing Act or "Now/Liberal Act" is passed with all 50 votes in favor the first and only time in Noelian history. The bill rasies government own houses, which totaled 3,000 about 3% while giving them a 6% tax break the follwing year Federal Income was up 3%.
- The Clean Water and Utility Act of 1996 is passed giving strcicter and better laws on Utiities and safe drinking water.
- Ambassador of the Government, Ab Freeman is again tried to be killed in a vist to Mexico, totally unrelated to the attack in Viola.
- New taxes are passed creating four brakets called the "four braket death to business act" by conservatives:
- 0 - 75.000, 25%
- 75.001 - 100.000, 26%
- 100.001 - 250.000, 28%
- 250.001+, 35%