The government of the Republic of Navonia is formed by the Navonian parliament which is elected in a national election every five years. Government is traditionally formed by a coalition of the biggest parties and lead by a High Representative. After the government is formed, it needs to get approval of the parliament. The government is subordinate to the parliament and at all time needs the support of at least 60 out of 120 representatives. It is the task of the Navonian government to execute the passed legislation, though each secretary can also propose a law in parliament. The Navonian government is composed of secretaries and considered to be the executional branch of the state.
|Governments in the Empire of Navonia (1844-1921)|
|Governments in the Republic of Navonia (1921-present)|
|1921-1926||First National Government||82||69%|
|1926-1931||Ederling I Government||83||69%|
|1931-1936||Ederling II Government||81||68%|
|1941-1946||Government of National Unity||108||90%|
|1946-1951||Ederling-Santer I Government||112||93%|
|1951-1956||Ederling-Santer II Government||105||87%|
|1956-1961||Ederling-Santer III Government||98||82%|
|1966-1971||Guttman-Dooge I Government||98||82%|
|1971-1976||Guttman-Dooge II Government||92||77%|
|1981-1982||McVain I Government||62||52%|
|1982-1986||McVain II Government||79||66%|
|1986-1991||Minority Cabinet McVain-Brunovski||43||36%|
|1991-1996||Regalio-Adonino I Government||71||60%|
|1996-2001||Regalio-Adonino II Government||73||61%|
|2001-2006||Regalio I Government||73||61%|
|2006-2011||Regalio II Government||68||57%|
|2011-2016||Regalio-Merlevede Government||Reform & Liberty Party||73||61%|
- ↑ Thomas Ederling was the High Representative of the First National Government.
- ↑ Thomas Ederling was the High Representative of the Government of National Unity.
- ↑ Because the Union of the Right was outlawed its 12 seats where suspended, giving the government coalition 100% votes.
- ↑ The government fell over the harsh economic policy after which he Progressive Party was traded for the Conservative Party.
- ↑ No majority could be formed, but the Conservative Party choose to support the government from the opposition in crucial votings.
- ↑ PULP and the Democratic Union entered a cartel formula as of 2001.
- ↑ The Reform & Liberty Party only delivered one minister for the government and is only consulted for policy concerning foreign affairs and Constitutional matters.
- ↑ Not counting the seats of the Reform & Liberty Party, otherwise the number would be raised to 103.
- ↑ Not counting the seats of the Reform & Liberty Party, otherwise the number would be raised to 86%.